Wednesday 27 October 2021

Kadoo African Drummers coming to our school!

 WALT: Reflect on our experience


Today, at NBC we were lucky enough to have some Kadoo African drummers come to our school to teach us a special song from their country and let people have some turns on the drums! They also taught us some dances. I got to have a turn on one of the drums and it was so amazing, I was so excited and very grateful that I got picked! 


They are from West Africa, which to be honest, is a long way for Christchurch! A fun fact about West Africa, the 14th-century king was the richest person in all history of Celebrity Net Worth site! (That's a lot of money!)


The atmosphere was very happy, joyful and full of sound! The people on the drums were amazing because they kept all the rythm on the same track. 


Their songs were very unique and we were very lucky to be taught them! My favourite part was probably having a turn on the drums and being able to be doing some cool dances!


Here are some photos of some students having a turn on the drums! 👀










1 comment:

  1. That looks like alot of fun!
    You were lucky to be allowed a turn

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post