Friday 3 September 2021

Friday Challenge

  WALT: use onomatopoeia in our writing

Today for writing we had to do a 15 minute quick write with at least 3 examples of onomatopoeia. I put on a 15 minute timer and started writing! It was really fun and I enjoyed it.


¨Help!¨ Screamed Keisha. She had fallen down a hole! No one could hear her and she was starting to cry… Until she heard a loud BANG! She knew that she had to get out and fast. She looked around and then saw.. A rope with a hook attached to it! She threw it up to the top of the hole and made sure the hook was dug down deep into the sand. Then she tried to climb up the hole but landed on her back with a loud THUD! She felt helpless as she heard another BANG! What would she do now…


She decided to rethink everything and retrace her steps. Aha! She thought of something. She did not just find the rope… It was chucked down to her! So she decided to say something to test it. ¨I'm hungry!¨And as soon as she said that someone handed her an apple.. But she grabbed the hand and pulled herself up. 


CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH went the stick as Keisha and Henry walked on top of them. ¨Oh and I forgot to introduce myself, I´m Henry¨ As soon as he said that Keisha´s heart stopped….


             …...TO BE CONTINUED…….


1 comment:

  1. Well done Emilee. You have used some awesome examples of onomatopoeia!

    I love how you left your reader wanting more at the end!

    Miss Pownall

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post