Friday 17 September 2021

Māori Days of the week

 WALT: Say the days of the week


In Room 2 we have been learning about our 2nd language, Māori. It is Māori week this week and one of out activities on our Māori  slides were to find out the days of the week in Māori and how to pronounce them properly. A way that helps me pronounce the Māori days of the week properly is to listen to the last 2 letters of the Māori days of the week. They are all different. 

Cultural response could improve Māori financial literacy - Massey University

Monday = Rāhina - Pronunciation Rā - Hi - Na 


Tuesday = Rātu   - Pronunciation  Rā - Tu 


Wednesday = Rāapa - Pronunciation  Rāa - Pa.


 Thursday =  Rāpare - Pronunciation   Rā - pa - re


Friday = Rāmare - Pronunciation  Rā - ma - ere


Saturday = Rāhoroi - Pronunciation Rā - ho - roi


Sunday =  Rātapu - Pronunciation Rā - ta - pu


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post