Friday 28 May 2021

Huia

 W.A.L.T: Draw inferences from a piece of poetry


In Room 2 we have been doing our reading slides. I had to make a google doc of a timeline for what happened to the Huia.

The Huia was a beautiful bird that was used for their feathers. The highlighted bits are an Adverb of time


                                     Huia TimeLine

Huia  - Bill Manhire

I was the first of birds to sing

I sang to signal rain

the one I loved was singing

and singing once again

My wings were made of sunlight

My tail was made of frost

My song was now a warning

and now a song of love

I sang upon a postage stamp

I sang upon your coins

but money stepped towards me

and stole away my voice

Where are you when you vanish?

Where are you when your found

I’m made of greed and anguish

a feather on the ground








No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post