Friday 14 May 2021

Senior Syndicate Refugee Walk

 W.A.L.T Write a brief recount

On Monday, the 10th of May the Senior Syndicate went on a walk to a red zone. We walked over the Pages Road bridge to a red zone not that far away. When Mr Gray blew the whistle we had to take cover and hide. When we got to the red zone the teachers set up 4 activities. We were split into our house groups and we took turns to do each activity. The first rotation was to build a shelter with an old tarp and some rope. We had to find trees or something tall to the tarp to it with the rope. 


The second activity was to find a partner and then get blindfolded. Then your partner would have to guide you through cones and beanbags. The cones and beanbags were acting as minefields and your buddy could not touch you, all they could say was left, right, stop, and straight. 


The third activity was boarder control. We had to find out what everything meant in another language. Everything was in Mandarin and we had to go to Ms Moore if we were stuck. The only thing she could do was to give us hints with her body language.


The last activity was getting rice. We pretended that we were refuges and we had to line up and one by one we got a handful of rice. It was really good and I ate all of it. Then, when everyone had a turn at each activity we headed back to school. 


My favourite activity was building the shelters. I loved it because we had to use our imagination to build our shelters and when we had no other supplies we had to try and think of another way to connect the tarp to something.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post