Tuesday 17 August 2021

Emma Twigg Visit ❤️😀

W.A.L.T: Reflect on exciting experiences  🎉


Emma Twigg, famous Gold Medal Olympian, came to our school on Tuesday, 17th of August. The Kapahaka group preformed an amazing Haka to Twigg and then we sang the National Anthem. Soon after that Twigg came up onto the stage and talked about her failures and her success. It was very interesting and great to learn why she started. She also talked about how she participated at 2 Olympic Games and came 4th in each of the races. Twigg explained how she came . 3 of a second away from winning a medal and how she left the sport for 2 years.

After those 2 years Twigg decided she would come back. She knew she could stand in the middle of the podium and claim a Gold Medal. After 3 years of training she got the Gold Medal and stood in the middle of the podium like she knew she could. She said, if you have a dream go for it because you will always achieve it!   











1 comment:

  1. Hi Emilee, that's an awesome report on Emma Twiggs visit to school. I like how you explained everything in the order it happened. Do you have a dream that you are going to go for?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post